- Polypropylene homopolymer made from ingredients that meet FDA requirements for food contact surfaces
- Animal-free ingredients
- No phthalates used in the manufacture of its ingredients
- Extremely lightweight, thermoformable and weldable
- Very low moisture absorption
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Naturally translucent white in appearance
- May be used as a lower-cost alternative to fluoropolymer tubing
Compressed Air • Dispensing Equipment • Environmental Monitoring • Food & Beverage • Instrumentation • Personal Care • Pharmaceutical Processing • Potable Water Supply • Refrigeration • Semiconductor Manufacturing
PROLITE is made from a compound that exhibits good heat aging resistance. It meets the FDA requirements for the safe use of olefin polymers used to make articles intended for food contact per FDA 21 CFR 177.1520.
PROLITE is frequently used in food processing and other industries for clean applications. It is a naturally white, semi-rigid product offering limited ability to bend. Since it is weldable, PROLITE may be joined directly, although it is typically joined by means of a push-to-connect fitting such as Newloc®.
Polypropylene is the lightest of all thermoplastic materials. It offers high strength- to-weight ratio, low surface friction, and excellent resistance to corrosion.