PVC Braid Reinforced Hose
- Open mesh polyester braiding permanently encapsulated in walls of clear, flexible PVC tubing
- Listed by the National Sanitation Foundation for food equipment materials (NSF-51) and potable water (NSF-61)
- Raw materials meet California Proposition 65 and are free of DEHP and BPA
- Non-toxic raw materials conform to USP Class VI and FDA standards
- Offers far higher pressure capabilities than unreinforced PVC tubing
- Mirror smooth interior permits outstanding flow characteristics
- Crystal clear for full visual flow*
- Corrosion and abrasion resistant with flexibility similar to rubber but with much longer life
- REACH and RoHS compliant
NYLOBRADE is made from non-toxic ingredients selected from those sanctioned by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in food contact applications. Its NSF certification makes NYLOBRADE a good choice for drinking water applications, those involving water at temperatures up to 60°C (140°F), and food processing applications.
NYLOBRADE is generally unaffected by most oxidizing and reducing agents. Diluted acids and alkalies have little effect, though if highly concentrated tend to make the hose less pliable. If chemical resistance is in question, in-plant tests are suggested. Gasoline and oils will harden PVC over periods of intermit tent use. In these applications, continuous use will slow the hardening process.
*NYLOBRADE HP (High Pressure) sizes 3/8” I.D. and up have a tighter braid pattern and therefore reduce the visual flow contact and increase the hose’s resistance to bending and flexing. Heavier walls on similar I.D.s will be more resistant to kinking.
Physical Propertie of PVC Braided Hose
Hardness, Shore A: 80±5
Tensile Strength: 2500psi
Elongation at Break: 300%
Brittle Temperature: -50°F
Maximum Operating Temperature: 175°F
Maximum Operating Temp. for NSF: 140°F
**Values listed are typical for the material used in manufacture, except where noted, and are meant only as a guide to aid in design.