Rigid Schedule 40 PVC Pipe
The non-toxic compound used to manufacture CLEAR-40 is non-conductive and has a U.L. rating of 94 VO. Because CLEAR-40 is highly corrosion resistant as well as transparent, it is used extensively in chemical, pharma ceutical, food plants, and in laboratories and hospitals where visual contact with the flow is desired.
CLEAR-40 pipe can be used interchangeably with standard schedule 40 gray or white fittings. Assemblies should be permanently glued using primer and solvent cement. Twenty-foot pipe lengths, bell-shaped pipe ends, fittings, and schedule 80 pipe are available through minimum order — call for details.
CLEAR-40 pipe is neither recommended to be threaded nor recommended for use in applications involving compressed air or gas. Although CLEAR-40 is completely transparent, it does have a blue tint.
Advantages of CLEAR-40
- Made from a clear, virgin, rigid compound to permit visual contact with the flow
- Non-toxic ingredients conform to FDA standards for use with food contact surfaces
- Smooth pipe interior surface provides excellent flow characteristics
- Flame retardant; non-conductive
- Manufactured to schedule 40 dimensions; compatible with standard PVC pipe, fittings, and valves
- Quick and easy glue-on installation with primer and cement