Mead Fluid Dynamics
Mead Fluid Dynamics has been helping shape the pneumatic valve and pneumatic cylinder industry since 1939, offering expertise in the fluid power market. Along with Mead’s commitment to quality and excellence, we take pride in our innovative approach towards developing pneumatic valves and pneumatic cylinders that last, making us the industry leader in pneumatic components.
Mead's traditional strength has been in the design and manufacturing of pneumatic components for the industrial automation market, including pneumatic valves, pneumatic cylinders and pneumatic actuators. Applications for our extensive valve and cylinder lines cover a broad spectrum of modern industry.
Recent developments, notably the award-winning Isonic® valve technology, have propelled Mead into new, more specialized markets, including medical design, HVAC, process control, instrumentation and fast food.
- First air clamp
- First all-pneumatic built-in end-of-stroke cylinder sensor
- First air switch
- First totally non-lubricated cylinder
- First totally integrated all-pneumatic anti-tiedown control
- First cylinders with hard-coated aluminum tubing
- First snap-acting 4-way air valve
- First valve to utilize multi-patented Isonic® half-shell technology